Sunday, January 01, 2006

First post of the New Year. Hah another year gone and another year older. Bah Humbug I hate the idea of it. Such is life.
Out, out damn hair from my keyboard.

Anyway here goes.
Big Brother is snooping in your computer and its emails. Why am I not surprised? What does surprise me is the time it took the news papers to find out about it. It took some whistleblower government worker to act as Deep Throat to some reporter to get it out to the public.

Your President, the one You voted for my Republican friends, secretly under the guise of Law gave the NSA Cart Blanche to them to go ahead in the name of National Security and the Patriot (whatever that means) Act. It wasn't the Patriots who enacted it but a bunch of paranoid right wing zealots intent upon userping our constitutional rights in the name of terrorism and national security anainst some unknown or imagined enemy.

Now I know the President has the power to enact executive orders in times of emergency supposedly after some other nation has attacked us, thus declaring war. Now to my recollection the bombing, if you want to call it that, of the Twin Towers in New York was the work of a group of men lead by a fanatic (maybe more than one) named Osama Bin Laden. A very unstable religiously fanatic son of a wealthy Iraqi Oil sheik obsessed with the American bourgeois capitalistic lifestyle. Not some nation intent on world domination or our utter destruction.

No nation since 2003 has ever declared war on us. No nation has ever attacked us. We on the other hand attacked Saddam Hussein in Iraq in retribution for the above mentioned attack. Although bloodshursty and a despotic leader, we made him the scapegoat, attacked Iraq and captured him and now have him on trial. Our actions have destabilized a whole region and now we must do our best to correct it. Like it or not.

My problem is this. Did the President overstep his authority authorizing the secret surveillance of American citizens without our knowledge or permission in the name of national security and the Patriot Act?

Considering all the corruption within the GOP and elsewhere, I really wonder. What really gets me is that now he is pissed that the American public has found out. Good golly what is this country coming to? I really hope that this creates a backlash from the public and a tongue lashing by congress.

Come on Mr President, you can't possibly think for one minute that the enemy doesn't think that we have not been monitoring their goings on. Of course they do. What has me pissed off about this is the fact that the NSA and other agencies are going on a Fishing expedition prying into its oun citizens communications. I don't think I'd mind so much if you had said that certain suspicious communications may be investigated. That I can handle. But going behind our backs. Now that is another matter.

Wadda you think?

No comments: